[TowerTalk] Tram rope

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tram rope
From: "Larry Schimelpfenig" <k7sv@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 18:36:52 -0500
>I'll bet it takes several hundred
lbs of force to get the tram line high enough and straight enough for the
antenna to clear the top guys. As I was cranking the come-along(s) to raise
the tram line, that was the force that most concerned me.

Use of a "tiller" has been mentioned here several times. When rigged correctly,
the tiller tends to keep the elements running parallel with the tram line. To
be sure the elements are going to clear the guy wires, attach the tiller to the
boom so the elements  tilt up a bit rather then being perfectly parallel with
the tram line.

Merry Christmas and 73 to all - Larry K7SV