Re: [TowerTalk] K9AY loops-- phased

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] K9AY loops-- phased
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 17:14:54 -0500
Interesting discussion, Jerry - I wish Tom would chime in.

Another consideration I have been wondering about - there is a graph in ON4UN's
book (3d edition, page 11-7) that shows the degree of phase shift versus line
length in degrees, when the phasing line is not terminated in its
characteristic impedance.  I suspect that many of us, particularly when seeking
a compromise terminating resistor on a EWE, K9AY etc. aren't THAT careful about
matching.  This is one of the reasons I was attracted to 180-degree phasing -
it appears to be unaffected by mismatches, according to ON4UN.

73, Pete N4ZR