Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran Guy Design

To: <eric@k3na.org>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran Guy Design
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 10:39:09 -0500
It would take a pretty big chunk of ice to damage Phillystran. Anything that
large would probably have to accumulate on the tower itself, probably on the
top plate. Again, I think the extra long Phyllistran guy grip would protect
against any big chunks falling off the tower. It wouldn't protect against
ice falling off long antenna elements or a long boom, but I don't think
those could be heavy enough to cause concern.

Like I said, once you start adding EHS at the top, you have the interaction
dilemma, which is the reason for using Phyllistran in the first place.

73, Dick WC1M