[TowerTalk] A totally off topic anecdote-

To: "'K8RI on TowerTalk'" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>,"'hermans'" <on4kj@skynet.be>, <WarrenWolff@aol.com>,<TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] A totally off topic anecdote-
From: "Tod-ID" <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 13:36:18 -0700
> .... From there we moved on to matrix algebra...and the prof said "not
> much math".  Just goes to show how different a PHD and a
> lowly grad assistant view the term, "not much math".
> <:-))
>
> Roger Halstead (K8RI)

Roger's statement in a recent email stirred memories of a memorable session
when I was taking math.

One day the instructor entered the lecture hall and proceeded to write six
equations on the board for us to contemplate. He briefly described the
transitions from one to the next and ended the presentation by saying, "The
transition from equation #5 to #6 is obvious ! ". Then he stopped, stepped
back and stared at the board for a full minute. Without a word he left the
room and went across the hall to his office. The entire class was left
trying to figure out what was going on. After eight minutes he reappeared
and announced triumphantly, "Yes, it is obvious".

I have ever since tried to avoid saying something is obvious.

Tod, K0TO