Re: [TowerTalk] Distance Between Towers

To: "'towertalk reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Distance Between Towers
From: "Don Moman VE6JY" <ve6jy@digitalweb.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 17:06:29 -0000
If you can place them anywhere, I'm not sure a circle / semi-circle
approach is best. Certainly for coax usage, but not from a RF viewpoint.
Lots of things happen to aggravate RF issues between stations when
antennas beam at each other.   So if you can keep things more in a
straight line - assuming there is a line you rarely would beam along -
that might be the better choice.   If I could do it again, I'd have my
towers more in a line along  160-340 degrees....  That would let me beam
into virtually all the directions I consider "contest important" areas
without looking directly into another tower.

73 Don
VE6JY