Re: [TowerTalk] Pucker Power

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pucker Power
From: "Ted Bryant" <w4nz@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 09:23:54 -0500
Ed said: "...Jeff looks to me like a talented and smart tower climber to not be
overcome with fear
but with respect for it..." - indeed.

This antenna installation has an inherently large natural "pucker factor"
anyway since it sits atop
a large hill.

If you look closely, you'll see that Jeff also has a safety lanyard around that
steel mast he's
holding on to in addition to the one around the boom.  Note that he's standing
on the iron angle
close to the tower to minimize loading on it, too.

Jeff and Scott, W4PA did a presentation on the K4JNY contest station at the
SEDCO Conference
(www.sedco.homestead.com/) in September 2005.

73, Ted W4NZ