Re: [TowerTalk] Unsafe Climbing Practices

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Unsafe Climbing Practices
From: "Roger Kissel" <kc8hz@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 18:59:57 -0500
Kirk

Thanks for clearing up the faux pas of the picture. I guess what I'll have to do is take my novice son up onto the tower like the fella with "those big ones" and explain to him that THIS is NOT the way to do it. It's a pretty good way to get yourself kilt and that W1AW will not come to your rescue; so learning by doing is better than just hearing about it, huh ?

What I plan to do is to build an cantilevered platform that is bolted to 2 legs of the tower and is supported with a support bracket diagonally to the tower. The platform will be 24 inches square and a 'granny-rail' with which to steady myself. It could even be more or less left up permanently so I wouldn't have to carry it up/down. They do it on big boys towers so why can't we do it on our toy towers ?

RoGrrr
KC8HZ

From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@darkstar.k4ro.net>

In retrospect, it may have been irresponsible of me to
post those photos, lest someone get the wrong idea that
such practices were deemed safe. I was not trying to
advocate a partucular technique.

Find sales, coupons, and free shipping, all in one place! ?MSN Shopping Sales & Deals http://shopping.msn.com/content/shp/?ctid=198,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=200639