Re: [TowerTalk] shipping stuff

To: Thomas Tow <ttow1@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] shipping stuff
From: Tom Anderson <WW5L@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:19:50 -0600
A couple years ago a fellow ham and I ordered new bases for our WT51
crank up towers from Tashijian Towers in CA.  A fellow ham who is also a
long haul truck driver had a load going to CA anyway and he offered to
pickup the bases for us gratis (read free) since he was deadheading back
to TX anyway.  I just had to drive about 75 miles to his home QTH in
Wills Point TX east of Dallas and pick them up.  Can't beat a deal like
that.   He also would have brought me a new tower if I had wanted it
also saving me several hundred $$$$ in shipping.

Tom, WW5L