[TowerTalk] 20 meter antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 20 meter antenna
From: Robert Chudek - KØRC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:30:46 -0600
>From the hip: You should be able to work anything you can hear. You should
>also be the first one "in" and the last one "out" on the 20m band in your
>immediate area. And from a contesters perspective, you're gonna THINK you are
>loud(er), so you WILL be loud(er). It's an attitude thing.  :-)

A better technical answer: But buy a copy of the ARRL antenna book and load the
CD that comes with it. The HFTA (HF Terrain Analyzer) program on the CD which
will give you theoretical differences between your two locations. There are 32
pages in Chapter 3 devoted to answering your question.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

Message: 5