Re: [TowerTalk] Tri-Ex HS 588

To: calchuck@hughes.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tri-Ex HS 588
From: el34guy@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:00:59 -0500
Hi Chuck,

Im not the best resource to answer this question but I do own both a
crankup and a fixed freestanding tower. To be honest I dont think a
crankup is your best choice for the load you are wanting to support.
You shouldnt guy a crankup tower ever. Plus I think you have too much
height above the top of the tower as well.

Ive seen a lot of wind generators on rohn ssv type of freestanding
towers or rohn 45-55 of guyed structures. I think you would want
something of this size to start with. You also need to find out about
how much windload you will be supporting as well. That will dictate all
the appropriate infastructure below.

btw, I was considering putting up a wind generator at my place so I put
up a ham tower that may eventually support it if I get bored with ham
radio. Its an 80ft rohn ssv tower thats in 23 yards of concrete.

Goodluck, its a very cool project. You are smart to ask and be safe.

73

Mark
W0NCL