[TowerTalk] Yaesu G-800DXA Rotor (Was Overkill)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-800DXA Rotor (Was Overkill)
From: w7psk@w7psk.net
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:26:53 -0500
>good
>thing to extend its service life. The rotator is the weak  link in the
>rotatable antenna chain so any time you can increase its  reliability, you're
>ahead.
>
>Cheers,
>Steve     K7LXC
>TOWER TECH

Thanks Steve.

Im impressed and not impressed.

First impressions,

HRO, fast service, ordered Monday and got it Tuesday well packed.

Yaesu

Rotor control box looks robust.   But the Connector in the back stinks.  Its a
6 pin white plug 3x2 row with cheesy looking pins that you cannot get out once
you insert it.  I will have to find a replacement soon as the crimp in one
didn't take well.

Rotor is nice and strong looking but again the Connector.  Its a cannon and the
pins are tiny solder types.  I may have the Insertion/Removals to pull them but
maybe not.  I work in the Aircraft industry but have not worked flight line in
a long time.  Otherwise its gonna be a pain to solder. Especially since my
Rotor cable is already run under the house and outside from the original being
taken down.

I wish Yaesu would have put more thought in their connectors.

Scotty