Re: [TowerTalk] galvanized radial wires

To: TowerTalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] galvanized radial wires
From: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 07:13:45 -0800 (PST)
I've used galvanized radial wires as well.  I used electric fence wire (18
gauge) and found that after a year....some if it was gone.  I cut a slit in the
ground with a "sharp-shooter" and put the wire in the ground....not on the
ground.  The wire had rusted and disappeared.  I do not do this any more.

I used copper on top of the ground and let the "grass" hide it after a couple
of clippings.  I also use insulated wire as well.  I found a source for wire at
the local over-head garage door installer.  He has rolls and rolls of wire that
comes with every garage door opening.  Most installations use about 30 feet of
the stuff and they send about 200 feet with each opener.  May times he uses the
existing wire already installed if he is replacing a worn out opener.  It is
copper...solid....and I just twist the two ends together and solder them....the
attach to the grounding point.  I get the wire for FREE!

Lee - K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is
Common Sense devine?