[TowerTalk] Ham IV

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ham IV
From: "Cam and Juli Hedrick" <walnutcreek@appstate.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 09:49:36 -0500
Well it's definitely not a jam or both maybe.  The rotor appears to have
stripped the ring gear or worm gear.  My bet is to replace both...maybe get
a Yaesu rotor even.  I put jumpers across the brake and CCW switches. Then I
climbed the tower as quickly as I could, after turning the mast CCW it began
turning and was grinding like crazy.  It finally stopped at 175 degrees
which will serve my duties on MMSN Friday afternoon.
Thanks to all who e-mailed tips for troubleshooting, Norm's Rotor shop is my
next e-mail.
Cam Hedrick
WA4JKW