Re: [TowerTalk] 2nd thrust bearing inside tower - you opinions??

To: <john@kk9a.com>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2nd thrust bearing inside tower - you opinions??
From: ersmar@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 23:32:19 +0000
John:

     On my tower I have a top bearing plate (with an industrial bearing on it),
a second bearing plate about three feet below that one with NO bearing, just a
set of back-to-back muffler clamps; and a rotator plate with the rotator five
feet below the middle plate.  The muffler clamps are not sitting on the middle
plate, but an inch or two above it on the mast.  I would use this clamp to
provide support for the mast/antennas when I remove the rotator for whatever.

     I agree that lining up the rotator and top bearing plates will be tricky
enough without the additional hassle of a middle plate and bearing.

BOTTOM LINE:  Install that middle plate but NOT the middle bearing.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

From: <john@kk9a.com>