Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain Balums or Coaxial Coil?

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain Balums or Coaxial Coil?
From: "EC1CT Fernando" <ec1cwg@dxhunters.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 12:23:50 +0100
Hello Jim and everyone,
As other suggested the BN-86 balun is not suitable for power levels over 1
kw. I´ve been using a 105CA for about 15 years. Replaced the BN86 baluns
twice in 5 years. Last time I put a BN4000 and it has been working ok for
the last 10 years. Run 1.2 kw from time to time. No problems so far neither
with spyders or moisture inside. I recently added a second BN4000 to my
rotative dipole for 40 meters and works out perfect (including some extra
gain of bandwidth compared with the previous coax choke I had). There are
some other baluns in the market that could fill the bill with your HyGain
yagi (including the famous ones built by Array Solutions) but I´d try the
BN4000 series if I were you. Best 73s.
EC1CT Fernando
E-mail: ec1ct@ure.es