[TowerTalk] Rotor position in tower

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotor position in tower
From: "Greg" <ab7r@cablespeed.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 21:27:37 -0800
Im installing an Orion 2800 rotor in a HG70HD crank up tower.  It seems like
the tabs that are welded inside the tower for the rotor plate are very high.
With the rotor installed the mast only goes into the tower about 18-24
inches once secured into the rotor.

Seems like it should be a couple feet lower.  Does it matter?  I was
considering welding new tabs a bit lower to allow more mast inside the
tower.  Or am I concerned over nothing? When I had a TriEx W51 it seemed
like the rotor was much lower.

Tnx
Greg
AB7R