[TowerTalk] T2X alternative needed for LM-470

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] T2X alternative needed for LM-470
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 13:12:30 -0500
I am currently using a T2X to turn a 40M quad in a windy location.  When
the wind blows, the T2X's ability to turn the antenna is marginal, at
best, and I now believe that the gear train is damaged, since the rotor
will only turn in one direction.  I would appreciate a recommendation on
an alternative, heavier duty rotor that will fit in an LM-470 without
major surgery.

CATS supplies a heavier duty replacement for the T2X, but you have to
either cut or bend one of the tower struts in order to get it in the
LM-470.  Although I am reluctant to do something like that, I wonder if
anyone out there has done that or similar and how things worked out?

Thanks for your help.

73, Joe
K2XX