[TowerTalk] Prop Pitch Doesn't Turn

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Prop Pitch Doesn't Turn
From: Rob Frohne <frohro@wwc.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 16:37:27 -0700
Hi,

A few years ago I purchased a couple of what I believe are small prop
pitch rotors.  Now that I have a need for them, I am trying to figure
out how to test them.  One of them I was able to use some of the ideas
on K7NV's web site to get turning with my 13 volt power supply.  It
turns at about 1/3 rpm.  The other prop pitch seems to have a brake in
it, and I have been able to get the brake to click down (though it seems
that it takes a lot more current than the other one's motor does), but
the motor doesn't move.  I have removed the aluminum housing, but not
the motor yet.  I think I have the right wires as there are three which
look like they were used before, and according to K7NV there is a common
and the other two determine which direction it should turn.  I think
this prop pitch was used to turn a Sky Needle in the past.  Anyone have
any advice?

73,

Rob, KL7NA
--