Re: [TowerTalk] Quick wind question

To: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Quick wind question
From: Martin Sole <msole@loxinfo.co.th>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 20:47:49 +0700
Jim,

Thanks, nice and simple eh? :-)

Reasonable = +/- 20% then a tad (metric or imperial tad, not important)

Of course the answers now breed more questions. JUsta check list to see
if I'm doing this right.

rho= Air Density in kg/m^3
Cd= coefficient no units but I have determined that for a roughly
rectangular shape 2 is 'reasonable'
Area=m^2
wind=kph^2

Wind drag = ? (units) kg/m^2 ?

Bending moment = force, units same as wind drag?

Add drag for pipe calculated at say half length, ok.

Yield strength for the pipe is quoted as 250 Mega Pascals, multiply by
145.04 to get in psi.

Many Thanks

Martin, HS0ZED