Re: [TowerTalk] transporting a tower

To: "Dan Hearn" <dhearn@air-pipe.com>,"Scott Ingram" <w5lsu.br@gmail.com>,"towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] transporting a tower
From: "Larry WA9VRH" <wa9vrh@mtco.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 16:14:00 -0600
Hi Scott,

Are you planning on going out there anyway? If not you might check to see
what a trucking company would charge
to deliver it. Yes it would be an issue getting it to the trucking company
however if you have it shipped to a terminal close to you
and if you pick it up at the terminal you can save a lot of $$. When I
bought my HDX-555 from US Towers I had it shipped to the
trucking terminal about 20 miles from here. It saved me about $270.00 by
picking it up. I hired my well driller and his son to bring his trailer
to the terminal and pick it up. He delivered the tower and with his lifting
winch put the tower in place and after the bolts were in raised it upright.
It cost $100.00 and three cases of their favorite beer.
73 Larry WA9VRH