[TowerTalk] Tower pictures

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower pictures
From: KT2Q <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 20:54:48 -0400
All:

Received quite a few requests to see the tower
after the winch failure, so I posted a few on the
web at http://tim-tom1.magix.net/ . To get a
closer look, click on Tower Pictures and then the
full-screen icon at the bottom of the picture
window.

Thankfully, the tower didn't exactly free fall or
bottom out. I guess there was enough resistance
left on the winch and pulley system to slow it
down. Everything on the tower looks straight and
damage-free.

Will tilt it over and inspect it thoroughly before
cranking it back up. It looks like the winch
failed because the crank shaft moved enough to one
side to put the sprocket out of alignment with the
pawl. Looks like a bearing / bushing issue.

Thanks to everyone for their generocity and
guidance and inspect that winch if you have a
crank up!

73, Tony KT2Q