Re: [TowerTalk] winblows vista a contrary opinion

To: "'Alan NV8A'" <nv8a@att.net>,"'towertalk reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] winblows vista a contrary opinion
From: <rdhinkle@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 21:52:00 -0400
Well, I'm running Vista Home Premium (second cheapest version) with machines
varying from an older IBM Thinkcentre Pentium 4 2.8 processor with 1 meg and
the built-in video card to an HP with Duo Core 2 2 meg/256M video and
there's little difference apparent to me. The older IBM model runs Ham Radio
Deluxe and all the other programs I had on it before -- DXWIN, ICOM and
Yaesu programming software, Office XP, etc. No problems there. HP STILL does
not have Vista versions of printer software for their printers, but Vista
will run them as printers, at least, leaving scanning functions, etc to
Vista's built-in software. Shame on HP. New Epson printers DO have Vista
drivers. Can't say about Canon or other brands of printers. Bottom line,
I've had great luck running Vista on a 4 year old IBM and it runs fast and
trouble free, and with the usual run of ham radio software. For what it's
worth...

Cheers... Bob  KK8ZZ