Re: [TowerTalk] RV Antennas

To: <jcowens1@comcast.net>, "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RV Antennas
From: "Vic Sadesky" <vsadesky@ccis.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 11:38:04 -0700
I can't think of 2 hobbies that meld so well as RVing and Ham Radio.  I'm
guessing you want a station setup when at your camp site and you didn't say
what type of RV.  I have a TT and use a sectional vertical (military type)
mounted on a piece of EMT bolted to the rear ladder.  I load this with an
Icom AH4 tuner.  This also works very well with longwires and all type of
loaded whips.  I lay out several radials and make sure the tuner is grounded
to the trailer's frame and if I can hammer in a ground rod.   I've use this
setup on several FieldDays and CQPs not to mention lots of "just kick-back"
dry camping in the desert.  Depending on the camp site I sometimes ground
mount the vertical.  In the past I've mounted a 4BTV the same way.   With
the vertical at full height, 32', or longer longwires I've snagged lots of
DX.  I have seen many rigs in RV parks using just regular loaded mobile
whips and bugchatchers.
It's all good.

Camping is better with a side of DX.

73