Re: [TowerTalk] What Kind of Tower is This

To: <jim@walkersdomain.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] What Kind of Tower is This
From: "Clint Talmadge" <unclebudd@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 07:45:39 -0600
Probably a Rohn Clone. I have seen many of them. A lot of local welding shops
made up towers for the farmers to get a TV antenna up high enough to get the
signal from the Big City. In my area of Western Kentucky, what with the advent
of Local Channels on Cable and Satellite TV, many can be had for taking them
down. Some of the locals have done so but I think most of that sort of tower is
dubious at best. It is one thing to drop a Channel Master Fringe Supreme in the
dirt and dropping a Ham Yagi, Rotor and all else.

Clint - W5CPT