Re: [TowerTalk] Wilson TT-45

To: Ed <elcronin@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wilson TT-45
From: N6KI Dennis Vernacchia <n6ki_73@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 02:47:50 -0700
Ed,

I have some specs on a Tristao 40 foot Tubular tower which is very similar
to what you have.

It is rated for 6 Sq. Ft antenna for 50 mph winds.

There is no spec for dead weight at top of tower but I have hams
 put Yagis Like a 4 element A4 Cushcraft with 40 mtr add on kit
and the KLM KT-34A 4 el yagi

I would say that antennas 50 lb sand under would be fine under 50 mph.
Beams like a TH-6 or TH7 might weigh towards 75 lB and might be a
risk over 50 mph especially with ice loading
but I am sure other comments on this reflector may shed more light.

Tristao eventually became U.S. tower
Take a look at specs at U.S. Tower and or
http://www.tashtowers.com/info.html (what use to be Tri-Ex )
for their 40 foot tubular towers and compare your tube section diameter
with theirs
and you may get a clue what your will handle.

73, Dennis n6KI