Re: [TowerTalk] Huge antenna site

To: "Barry Fox" <foxbw@comcast.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Huge antenna site
From: "bob" <wf3h@vsswireless.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 19:51:28 -0500
Visited there a few years ago (actually Manahawkin, about 25 miles from
Ocean Gate, where ATT had their receiving station). They had dozens of
rhombics pointed out to sea for every marine band, spaced about 3 degrees
aparts...hundreds of rhombics

and in the midst of the dozens of Racal receivers and million dollar
switching systems, to decode the SITOR ship/shore traffic, sat a lonely AEA
PK 232...

was quite a station....now they're almost all gone....

Bob/WF3H