Re: [TowerTalk] Mast slipping

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mast slipping
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 21:01:39 -0400
One could certainly design a better method of clamping than the Orion mast
clamp, however apparently the rotator will destruct when connected to very
large antennas. I spent some time looking at K7NV's prop pitch rotators and
some of them appear to use a mast clamp similar to the Orion.  Is this the
same problematic clamp that is on the Orion 2800?    Some K7NV's prop pitch
rotators use his mast clamp, which apprears to be a better option.  Besides
using a prop pitch I would also consider a large Prosistel or even a TIC
ring rotator with two motors for turning your top 40m beam.

John KK9A