Re: [TowerTalk] Large Loop Antenna - Electrostatically Shield Loops

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Large Loop Antenna - Electrostatically Shield Loops
From: "Dan Zimmerman N3OX" <n3ox@n3ox.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 12:11:13 -0400
> That makes sense, although I would not have thought that balance to
> ground would be important enough to worry about.

I don't think it's an issue that is worrisome with a large transmitting loop.

The useful property of small loops is that they have a very clean
pattern with very deep nulls.

Any loop response to common mode currents on the feedline will ruin
the pattern.  Preserving the balance of the loop with respect to
ground helps common mode rejection, and helps preserve the nulls.

Dan