Re: [TowerTalk] Tower guy wires / EHS size

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower guy wires / EHS size
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:59:55 -0400 (EDT)
Dale,

Inadequate guy tension causes excessive guy catenary. Guy catenary is a
function of guy tension and the weight of the guy wire and all associated
hardware (e.g., insulators and guy grips).

Excessive guy catenary allows excessive tower movement during wind events.
Tower movement slackens the down wind guy(s) during wind events. Repeated
slackening and tightening leads guy hardware failure.

73!
Frank
W3LPL