Re: [TowerTalk] Pole Mount for Beam Antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pole Mount for Beam Antenna
From: "Larry stowell" <lclarks@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 07:38:30 -0400

This works great, my dad had this setup for years. Before the pole went up ( I
think it cost him
about 2 cases of liquid refreshment on there lunch break ) he cut a slot in the
top for pulley
clearance. He mounted the base of the mast about 6 ft up on a bracket. The mast
was a flag pole from
the local newspaper office ( I think it weighed as much as the pole ). He made
a "keeper at the top
sort of like a broom handle bracket, it didn't keep it up, but just held it
from swaying. We put a
rope at the cable attachment point start in coming down.

Larry K1ZW