Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR for C31XR

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR for C31XR
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 15:24:53 +0000
K9RX commented:

>Their service seems excellent with people getting
>replacement motors overnighted etc - but if the antenna did not
>fail in the first place it would not be necessary!

I would have been happy if they could have posted the bits
I needed within a month.  Instead it took two months & a
bit of chasing by IDD - yet the problems are still not sorted.

I tell a lie - they did send me firmware that stopped the
strips from being driven out slightly every time the power
button was pushed.  That only took about three years.

This is not a good product to rely on outside their
domestic market - unless you are happy with some
downtime...

73, VR2BrettGraham.