[TowerTalk] Fw: Plenty of Ham Friends who climb towers

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fw: Plenty of Ham Friends who climb towers
From: "EC1CT Fernando" <ec1cwg@dxhunters.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 16:13:18 +0200
Hi Lee and all FMs,
Well, we actually have the same problem here in the Northern part of Spain.
I´m 36 but most hams here are over 50-60. It´s hard to get tower
climbers/workers too. I use to do most of the tower works in my region with
a friend of mine EA1RC. Unfortunately, he´s starting to fell tired to climb
the towers and he usually refuse the job when the height is more than 40 ft.
We don´t take any money to help a fellow ham (a couple of Coca-Colas is more
than enough...hihi). When asked, we encourage the guys here to rent a crane.
That would means that we just need a person up in the top to get the job
done (normally myself). A few days ago, a guy at the radioclub told me that
they have found a professional climber for the tower and antenna´s
maintenance. He´s asking for 20 euros/hr but he would make us a special
offer for the radioclub´s members. He´s willing to do any job at any height
althougt I would have to go up with him as he doesn´t know how to connect a
coax, or a rotor and things like that...He´s willing to learn too. This turn
out to be our solution. Wondering if you could locate a guy like this in
your area..73s
EC1CT Fernando
E-mail: ec1ct@ure.es