[TowerTalk] HB9CV design

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] HB9CV design
From: Kjboasi@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 21:53:58 EDT
I am looking to design some HB9CV beams primarily for 6 meters.  I have found
a few websites which have been informative, and some antenna models which
have helped as well.

The only problem I am having is understanding how the antenna works due to
the fact that it seems the driven elements are not insulated from the boom.  In
fact, one website specifically says to leave the elements un-insulated.

I am sure the design is good and all, but I am just not sure how having the
boom grounded to the shield, and then the elements uninsulated and hooked to
the pin works electrically.  Obviously the antenna works becuase they have been
built/produced with this method.  I am guessing the answer has to do with the
element phasing or matching...perhaps?

Tnx/73,

Ken N2ZN<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> See what's free
at