[TowerTalk] Antenna Switch

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Switch
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 17:02:07 -0700
Hi All

I am trying to design a KISS arrangement for switching all antennas between
2 radios.

Right now I am thinking of just having each antenna terminate in a coax jack
and manually move the cable from each radio to the antenna I want to use.

One thing I have wondered about. Right now I have all my antennas coming
into a central aluminum box with some big switches from the old BC 348(?)
tuning units.  Now, all the coax shields are connected together on the input
of the switch.

I was thinking about mounting the coax jacks for each antenna on a piece of
insulating material to keep them separated from each other.  I just wonder
if it would make any difference in the amount of interferance between each
radio or just not worth doing.  TIA and 73
Tom W7WHY