Re: [TowerTalk] step away from stepIR

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] step away from stepIR
From: wa3afs@inav.net
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:30:18 -0400
Although we all have a right to our opinions, for me I have found that the
SteppIR beam (3 element in my
case) has far outperformed my previous 2 beams.

I like the ability to of the beam to play well at the bottom of the cw portion
of each band and also at the top
of the phone bands.   All of my previous beams forced me to compromise at one
end or the other.  The
180 degree shift has been an absolute pleasure during a contest!

Mechanically (and electrically), my SteppIR has performed (so far....only been
up about 9 months) well.
There are an awful lot of satisfied customers all over the world.

Unfortunately, we often only hear from those that have problems and as a result
think that there are
pervasive problems.  Those that are happy, often are too busy using the beam to
chime in with the good
news.

73 from a happy customer.
    Bruce, WA3AFS