[TowerTalk] Fw: SteppIR problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fw: SteppIR problem
From: "Ron Todd" <ron@k4wz.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 07:57:25 -0400
 Dick WC1M  Thats good idea, run another cable. But dont cut the cable .
The connector at the antenna has a connector that you just unscrew each wire
. Easy as pie.
Who ever has this problem, do you climb ? If not wher are you at, I come see
you. You live near a beach ?

A much better test is to try a separate run of controller cable temporarily
laid along the ground to the tower. The nice thing about this is that AC
doesn't have to be brought to the tower. But it does mean the cable must be
cut and spliced at the tower, and then the junction must be weatherproofed
when testing is completed. I see no way to avoid this.