[TowerTalk] Thanks to N9LAH for ID'ing the "unusual antenna" inHawaii

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Thanks to N9LAH for ID'ing the "unusual antenna" inHawaii
From: WW4T@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 18:49:29 EDT
I understand this reflector strips attachments and illustrations  from
emails, but if anyone is interested in  seeing something similar to  what was
seen
in the Diamondhead Crater in Hawaii, just email me directly  at

_ww4t@aol.com_ (mailto:ww4t@aol.com)   with "Unusual Antenna"  in the subject
line and I will fwd you the pic I received from Phil  N9LAH

  Thanks again to Phil for his efforts!

  73

  Bob  '4t   _ww4t@aol.com_ (mailto:ww4t@aol.com)

Bob, there was a facility south of me here in Central Illinois. It had
an antenna very similar to the one you describe. It has disappeared in
the last couple of years to be replaced by a microwave antenna. I do
recall someone on one of the local contesting remailers saying that it
was used for propagation experiments associated with the University of
Illinois which  lies just to the SE of the site.

I will look for  the picture and send you one to see if it is the same
thing due to  attachments being stripped for the  reflector.

Phil
N9LAH