Re: [TowerTalk] Wire for Quad

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wire for Quad
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 19:56:00 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 12:56:31 -0400, "JACK KZ4USA"
<videorov@verizon.net> wrote:

>#14, 7 strand hard drawn copper wire from Davis RF. Is this good wire for my
>20 meter 6 El Quad project?
>
>What are most people using for their Quads?

No, no, no. Copperweld only. Copper, hard drawn or not, is relatively
soft and will eventually break and you will have a job on your hands.

Ok, copperweld will eventually break too but you get lots more years
out of it. It is nasty, springy stuff to work with, but better to work
with in down on the ground than fixing the other stuff up in the air.

Don't ask how I know. :-)

Bill W6WRT