Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Accident

To: <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Accident
From: <jacobsen_5@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 21:27:52 -0500
Lots of comments on towers and accidents.
A snip out of a reply from Rick N6RK:

"For example, W7PHO had a 90
ft Rohn 25 tower with stacked Yagi's on top.  The club lifted
this tower off the ground in one piece in the vertical position
with all the antennas on top and then carried it 100 feet to a
new location, where it was lowered onto the new base.  Each guy
wire had a person on it to keep the tower from falling over.
We all had to walk together.  Several spotters watched the
vertical angle and yelled commands to the guy wire pullers.
Compared to this, N6TV's adventure looks tame."

UUmmmm, I would have to say, Rick, that club must have had some REALLY BIG Hams
in it!!!  (I'm sorry, I couldn't resist) On the other hand, if they really did
move it completely by "hand", it would make a good story.

73
K9WN  Jake