Re: [TowerTalk] Tower design question

To: kc5qbc@swbell.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower design question
From: DMartin560@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:01:59 EDT

Rohn products aren't designed that way.
As you stack the sections the upper one goes over the lower one.
If you aren't doing it that way you are installing them upside down.
Just wait till the project calls for a top section or flat plate.  You get to
the top and it won't fit.

KG4ADM,  Dwayne

Something has been bothering me for a while. With all the discussion and
problems with tower leg corrosion, filling with water and splitting, etc. Why
do
almost ALL the manufacturers design the joints to telescope inside from above
which leaves water able to run inside joints and fill tubes? Why not simply
invert the connection by telescoping over the bottom section so water just runs
outside not through the joint. I know there is no difference in joint strength
or assembly difficulty, so why?