Re: [TowerTalk] Deed _protection_ for antennas using CC&R's

To: Alan NV8A <nv8a@att.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Deed _protection_ for antennas using CC&R's
From: Tom Anderson <WW5L@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 14:22:10 -0500
While I'm not a land appraiser, I just know how they appraised my
current QTH. They took a list of "comparable" homes both in my
neighborhood and outside it and somehow came up with a value.

To my knowledge, the Tarrant County Appraisal District (one of 254 such
agencies in Texas--one in each county and what a boondoggle in my my
opinion. They're not there to assure "fair" appraisals, but to maximize
land values as much as they can so govts can get as much $$$ as they
can) has never used the fact a ham antenna was in a neighborhood as a
reason for lowering a property's value--at least they haven't lowered
anyone's property around me for that reason.

Tom, WW5L