Re: [TowerTalk] Need Advice on Cherry PickerCrane

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need Advice on Cherry PickerCrane
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 10:56:41 -0500
This link was posted a while back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tzga6qAaBA

Nothing we hams do can compare to these guys. I find it the ultimate in "pucker
power".

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

Re: Need Advice on Cherry PickerCrane

Posted by: "Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604" n6tqs@arrl.net   n6tqs
Sun Jul 1, 2007 6:58 pm (PST)

This is getting into TowerTalk territory, but I could see using a
bucket truck to get a ladder high and then attaching it firmly to the
tower or even a good mast. And attaching steps to a mast is perfectly
reasonable. IIX Equipment used to sell such things, but they'd be easy
enough to manufacture with a drill press and an account at
McMaster-Carr.

73, doug

From: Mark Klocksin <mpklocksin@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 15:18:58 -0500

We all take risks we shouldn't, but using a ladder on top of a bucket
truck sounds very foolish to me.

73, Mark WA9IVH