Re: [TowerTalk] Does anybody even make the antennas they advertis e?

To: R Atkins <rusty_atkins@yahoo.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Does anybody even make the antennas they advertis e?
From: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 14:22:52 -0800
My take on this is F12 makes way too many antenna models; if they stocked
exactly two of each, it would probably be a million dollars of inventory and
take up more space than they have.

TH7/TH11 availability problems surprise me, it didn't used to be that way.
I used to be able to get these almost any old time, but not necessarily from
Hy-Gain (direct), but via one of their distributors.

SteppIR I think has started offering too many models now, too.  The 3L was
great, and the 4L even better.  I would have stopped there.  Raising
revenues by offering more models doesn't always improve the bottom line.
Market Share and Core Competency are things we learn about in business
school...

Bic only made one product, a $0.19 ballpoint pen, for years and became a
billion dollar enterprise with it before growing sideways.   There's much to
be learned by that.

-WB2WIK/6