Re: [TowerTalk] Does anybody even make the antennas they advertise?

To: towertalk@contesting.com, rusty_atkins@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Does anybody even make the antennas they advertise?
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 00:15:41 EDT

In a message dated 7/3/2007 2:13:18 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  I've been looking at a C19XR/C31XR, TH7/TH11, or possibly a  Steppir. All
seem to have waiting times of 1-4 months.

>  Does  anybody even manufacture the products they claim to make? I've
jumped through  some seriously hoops these last few weeks to get a tower in
place
before the  HF World Championships (not to mention the nearly vertical learning
curve for  somebody new to all of this). Of all the places I thought would
NOT be a  problem, ordering a company's product direct from that company tops
the  list.

    The good news and the bad news is that they all  manufacture their own
products. They're all small businesses with all of the  attendant problems.

    Hy-Gain products used to be available at many  retailers but a customer
of mine had to wait awhile for a TH-11 a year ago so  I guess that's history. I
would have thought that was a no brainer.

    The rest don't have any finished goods inventory  - they build the
antenna after they get the order - again, with all the  attendant problems.

    Same with US Towers. It's not an easy problem to  solve.

Cheers & GL with your new array,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH &
Champion Radio  Products