Re: [TowerTalk] Bottom Section In Concrete and Bolt question

To: Mark Robinson <markrob@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bottom Section In Concrete and Bolt question
From: Dino Darling <dino@k6rix.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 17:53:22 -0700
The strength comes from the rebar itself.  The ONLY reason it is wired
together is to hold everything in place once the concrete goes in.  The
wire by NO MEANS provides any other support...its only tie wire!

As you fill the hole, and if you could insure that the rebar would stay
put, you could lay it in as you fill the hole....this would be rebar in
free space or RBi!  HA HA.

The curb and cutter machines I sell will place the rebar inside the mold
as the machine works it way down the street.  No tie wire...

Dino  -  K6RIX
dino@k6rix.com