Re: [TowerTalk] RE : Deed _protection_ for antennas using CC&R's

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RE : Deed _protection_ for antennas using CC&R's
From: Alan NV8A <nv8a@att.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 09:26:38 -0400
On 07/05/07 10:15 pm Donald Chester wrote:

>>> A more likely scenario is that more hams will be required to use club
>>> stations.  W6YX and N6IJ are two really good club stations within an
>>> hour or so of here.  N6IJ is even planning to support remote operation
>>> one of these days.

> That sounds exactly like amateur radio in the old Soviet Union.  I used
> to listen to Radio Moscow back in the 50's and 60's.  They would
> sometimes describe amateur radio in the USSR.  First, you had to take
> out a "listening licence" in order to SWL.  Then once you became
> licensed to transmit, you usually operated from a club station.  There
> were very  few individual ham stations located in
> personal residences.
>
> Many aspects of life in USA are getting to be more and more like it was
> reported to be in that country we were taught to be afraid of in the 50's.

I think that until not too long ago it was much the same in Taiwan, that
bastion of aggressively anti-Communist "freedom", with which the USA has
an unofficial but "special" relationship: neither has an official
Consulate in each other's country, but each has an office that does
everything an official Consulate would do. A regime doesn't have to be
Communist to be totalitarian.

73

Alan NV8A