Re: [TowerTalk] The Early Transatlantic Wireless Stations

To: towertalk@contesting.com, K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] The Early Transatlantic Wireless Stations
From: Gene Smar <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 11:15:01 -0500 (CDT)
TT:

     Along these same lines is <200 Meters & Down> by Clinton B. DeSoto of
ARRL.  Written in the early 30s, I believe (can't find my copy in the shack),
this is an account of the early days of wireless communications and the initial
efforts of Congress to move those pesky Hams to the shorter wavelengths where
they won't harm the Navy's communications circuits.  Fascinating history of how
Hams' hobby was able to push the then-state-of-the-art in radio.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F
P.S.  The book has photos of towers in it.