Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Lighting

To: K7LXC@aol.com, towertalk@contesting.com, k4kyv@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Lighting
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 18:16:57 -0700
At 05:23 PM 7/7/2007, K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 7/7/2007 1:35:13 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
>towertalk-request@contesting.com writes:
>
> >  Has anyone heard anything about the FAA easing up on tower  lighting
>requirements recently?
>
> >  I have noticed within  the past month or so, the red lights on nearby
>structures have gone dark  at night.  There are two communications towers and
>a water tank all  within a couple of miles of here, that  always had
>nighttime  lighting, but lately I notice the lights have not been  activated.
>

>I doubt that anything has  changed and those tower owners are just out of
>compliance. If caught, the fines  are dramatic and per day.

Go read the NALs at the Enforcement Bureau page at the FCC website
and you can see just how much.. keep that baby painted and lit!  And
no lame excuses about "I didn't know"...

Judging from the page, I think all their enforcement folks are out
scouring the appliance stores for non-digital-ready TVs...

I haven't analyzed it, but I have a feeling, also, that the tower
citations tend to be seasonal..

Jim