Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu GS-065 Thrust Bearing 25G installation helpneeded

To: "R Atkins" <rusty_atkins@yahoo.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu GS-065 Thrust Bearing 25G installation helpneeded
From: "Clint Talmadge" <unclebudd@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 08:39:20 -0500
Odd that this post should come now. I was on my way to the garage where I have
my 25G top section laid out across the bed of my pickup to redrill the top for
my Yaesu GS-065 thrust bearing. Here is my plan.

Use masking tape to layout the pattern.

Scribe the center line between opposing pre-drilled (TB-3) holes I can see
though the Blue Painters tape where the holes are so getting it centered was
easy.

>From the intersection of the two lines (center of the top plate mast hole)
>measure half of the 85 mm center to center distance as indicated in the Layout
>Drawing for each of the 4 holes

Mark and drill using the center line I scribed and the distance I measured.

I will let you know if I run into any other problems but that was the only way
I figured I could maintain the center of the bearing on the center of the tower
top.

Clint