[TowerTalk] new tower

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] new tower
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 21:45:55 -0400
No one will be able to answer your question without knowing the load you
intend to put on the tower and without doing the engineering work.    You
definitely can have less than 80% guy anchor radius, however this puts more
stress on your tower, so you may need a stronger tower and a stronger guy
system.   You could use elevated guys as you suggested, however they would
have to be quite tall to achieve the Rohn standard guy wire angles.  There
is a lot of stress on elevated guy posts and they require a lot of concrete
and of course they need to be engineered.

John KK9A